Tuesday 13 November 2012

It's Poetry Festival Season!

Fresh from the Woodstock Poetry Festival where I saw the Welsh laureate Gillian Clarke read and had the privilege of reading myself with Dan Holloway's edgy and eclectic New Libertines, I am now off to Derwent Poetry Festival in Matlock Bath to launch my new collection Kissing Bones.

The line-up is diverse and there are some fresh faces, too.

The festival opens on Friday 16th November at 6:00 pm and closes Sunday at 3:00 pm  - so it's full-on and requires a bit of stamina. For those wanting a break from readings  there are workshops this year and, of course, the festival bookshop to browse.

Masson Mills is a rare old venue, too. It has great historical interest and a wonderful line in tacky and not so tacky Christmas presents (yes, it's that time of year, too). If you're hungry they do a walloping great Christmas dinner in the basement cafe, complete with Brussels sprouts and lashings of gravy.

But, the poetry - click here for the full list of festival events.

For those of you wondering about the Templar Live session that's held at the Chequers in Chipping Norton on the 3rd Thursday every month - it isn't this Thursday - we're too caught up in festival fever. Once I have a date, I'll post it here. The plan is a reading with John Daniel who will be launching his new collection Skinning the Bull.

In the meantime, if you want me to come to a reading group or a pub or a bookshop near you, I'm more than happy to oblige.

Kissing Bones is available from Templar Poetry

No comments:

Post a Comment