Thursday 9 January 2014

New Year, New Projects

2014 sees me starting several new projects. I have completed my wedding training so I am now a fully-rounded Humanist Celebrant! I can help you mark all the big events in your life - everything between the 'forceps and stone' as the old Joni Mitchell song goes - ie. baby namings, weddings and funerals. I see no reason why a divorce and a re-affirmation of friendship can't be included in that list. If you want a boat named, I'll be more than happy to do that. You come up with the idea, and I'll work with you on it.
 


I'm also working with the fabulous Oxford Concert Party again. This time we're in tandem with Crisis at the Old Fire Station and the Ashmolean. Throw music, poetry and storytelling into the mix and watch the magic start to happen. 



On Saturday 25th January I shall be doing a poetry reading and talking about writers in prison. I shall be reading the work of Talha Ahsan who is currently being held in solitary confinement in the USA as well as reading some of my own work. This event is free and it really is worth supporting. You already know my views from previous blogs and from my work with Poets Without Borders. Here is some more information for you:



Teaching Poetry to Prisoners                                           

IHRC Bookshop, 202 Preston Road, London, HA9 8PA    
Nearest Tube : Preston Road (then 2 minutes walk)
Shop.ihrc.org
020 8904 4222

That's about all for now. As usual, you can email me or contact me via my website if you want to book me for a reading or a talk, or for workshops. Do allow plenty of notice. I can get quite busy.



No comments:

Post a Comment